Job Roles / Responsibilities:
• Concurrently engages development teams to identify both new and existing parts to support new products. Manages part life cycle through development and engages other parts of organization to concurrently achieve high quality parts from good sources at good prices and favorable terms.
• Manages engineering NPI parts management infrastructure to support early engineering development prototype (EV, DV) builds and facilitates easy transition to end - state production facility.
• Engages and facilitates early quotations through Global Sourcing team members. Goal is to develop BPA prior to ECN resolution date.
• Engages and facilitates early PPAP requirements through Global Part Quality group. Explores opportunities to concurrently meet quality requirements effectively with end - state manufacturing facility to avoid release delays.
• Facilitates appropriate early engagement of manufacturing buyers to procure PV & early production ramp materials.
• Provide mechanism to transition prototype (EV, DV) material to support manufacturing build needs.
• Lead expediting of parts with collaboration from engineering, sourcing and manufacturing buyers.
• Ensures part prices are known and understood through new part development cycle. Both current and long - term prices must be maintained to properly estimate new product cost.
• Ensures best prototype material procurement tools are most effectively used across all BAS controls development teams.
• 8 - 10 years.
• Sourcing, purchasing support
• Engineering build support
• Contract negotiation support
• Vendor management support