Offerd Salary Open
Experience 3 - 0
Industry Pharma Jobs
Provision of pharmaceutical services for offenders in Wisconsin's correctional system through the Bureau of Health Services Central Pharmacy Service in a manner consistent with professional standards and comparable to services delivered in non-correctional settings.
- Prepares, fills and dispenses prescriptions for drugs, chemicals and supplies on receipt of a proper order from a prescribing practitioner for an inmate/student.
- Prepares and fills extemporaneous prescriptions and orders compounding the required pharmaceutical preparations, e.g., solutions, ointments, etc.
- Maintains records of drugs dispensed, including required registers and inventories on supply and dispensing of controlled substances.
- Assists the Pharmacy Manager in taking inventory and determines the requirements of the pharmacy for pharmaceutical supplies and orders adequate supplies.
- Provides a wide variety of information on drugs to members of the Health Service Unit staff.
- Effectively handles workload and meets quality standards comparable to non-correctional settings.
- Is available for additional hours of work to meet operational needs beyond their scheduled hours.
Maintenance of patient medication records.
- Records prescriptions and orders received from a prescriber on the Patient Medication Profile.
- Indicates on the Patient Medication Profile any pertinent health history information, allergies and duration of prescribed therapy.
- Records pertinent notes for each prescription
Assurance of the continuity of pharmacy services off-site.
- Participates in the planning, development and maintenance of Central Pharmacy Operations Manual.
- Provides consultation and on-site visits at institution drug rooms when schedule permits and when assigned by the Pharmacy Manager.
Participation in the implementation and facilitation of appropriate in-service and continuing education programs.
- Participate in continuing education of health care providers (periodic in service training, drug updates, etc.).
- Continue drug education by reading professional journals, attending professional conferences and workshops.
- Serve on Pharmacy and Therapeutics subcommittee for Formulary review as assigned.
- Attends staff meetings regularly and participates in other pharmacy subcommittee work as assigned.